May 28, 2020

Upland Child Visitation Lawyer

After a divorce, one of your primary areas of concern will probably be gaining unfettered access to your children, within the parameters of the divorce and custody orders. This can be a difficult process for all involved, and employing the services of an Upland child visitation lawyer from the Law Office of Laurence J. Brock is the surest way to reach your ideal solution.

Situations also change over time. Sometimes we may need to go back and change the child visitation parameters to where you have greater access or where your former spouse has restricted access. Whatever you feel is necessary for the nurturing of your child, an Upland visitation rights lawyer can help you with.

Being Awarded Visitation

Your Upland child visitation lawyer will work with your former spouse and his or her lawyers to negotiate a legal arrangement for the physical custody of your child.

If everything cannot be resolved outside of court, we can represent you during a custody hearing. The parent who does not have legal custody is awarded visitation, in which case we will make every effort to ensure you have a great deal of leeway with your visitation rights.

Fighting for Unsupervised Visits

Sometimes, the courts will determine they do not want a parent to have unsupervised visits with a child because it is not in the child’s best interest.

If you find yourself in a situation where you are required to have supervised visitation, your Upland child visitation lawyer can work to have that changed, allowing you freer access to your child so you can parent better.

Substance Abuse Affects Visitation Rights

It is important to remember that substance abuse of any kind and from either parent could have negative connotations when it comes to visitation rights with your child.

If you discover that your ex-spouse is using drugs or alcohol or has engaged in domestic violence, your Upland child visitation lawyer can appeal to the courts to have your former spouse see your children only under either supervised visitation or restricted visitation.

Your Rights Can Be Reinstated

Most courts believe that it is in the child’s best interests to have both parents involved in his or her life. If you have had restricted visitation because of prior use of drugs or alcohol, we may be able to get you better and less restricted access to your child—if we can clearly demonstrate that you are fully rehabilitated.

Private Visitation Agreements

In cases where the divorce was amicable or after some time has passed, the custodial parent will sometimes allow the other spouse slightly more flexibility in the visitation schedule.

Any changes to the visitation schedule should be put in writing, and you should always have your Upland child visitation lawyer review it to ensure that your best interests are always protected.

Modifying a Custody or Visitation Order

As the needs of a child change, courts allow themselves leeway to change the custody or visitation orders in a way that serves the best interests of the child at the time.

If you want to have a custody order or a visitation order changed, you need to be able to demonstrate that circumstances require a change in these orders. Your Upland visitation rights lawyer can help you do so.

Get Help from an Upland Child Visitation Lawyer Today

Whether you are seeking more visitation time with your child, or feel your spouse’s access to your child needs to be restricted, an Upland child visitation lawyer from the Law Office of Laurence J. Brock can assist you.

Call us at 909-466-7661 or complete our online form at the bottom of this page to arrange a time to meet and discuss your case.

Start live chat with our team?