Inland Empire Guardianship Lawyer
Are you seeking guardianship of a minor in the Inland Empire? You can secure caring and experienced legal assistance from the Law Office of Laurence J. Brock.
Any number of circumstances could lead you to seek guardianship of a child. Perhaps the parents are unfit or unable to care for the child, or maybe both parents are deceased. Whatever your reason, the process isn’t an easy one.
The courts take a child’s welfare and wellbeing seriously (as they should), and they will scrutinize your case and whether you would be the best guardian for the child. If others are also seeking guardianship of the child, it could become a fight to decide who would be best for the child’s overall happiness.
You can better your chances of getting the outcome you’re after by partnering with an Inland Empire guardianship lawyer at our firm.
Why You May Need to Seek Guardianship in the Inland Empire
What are common reasons that people seek guardianship of a child? Here are some of the most common reasons:
- The parents are deceased.
- The parents have abandoned the child or are otherwise incapable of caring for the child.
- The parents are incarcerated.
- The parents’ whereabouts are unknown.
- The parents are disabled in some way and unable to provide adequate care for the child.
- The parents must leave for a time ,and it’s not in the child’s best interest to be with them.
Requirements for Guardianship in the Inland Empire
When preparing your case, you’ll need to consider many factors to give yourself the best chance of achieving the outcome you’re hoping for. Here are some of the factors the court will look at when deciding whether to grant you guardianship in the Inland Empire:
- Your financial situation
- The preexisting relationship between you and the child
- Your ability to care for a child
- Any criminal history, substance abuse issues, or domestic violence history you may have
- Who the child wants to be with
Many things could go wrong during the application process, and completing all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner will be crucial to showing the court that you are the right person to care for the child. Getting help from a guardianship attorney in the Inland Empire can make your case stronger.
Speak with an Inland Empire Guardianship Attorney
Whatever circumstances have led you to seek guardianship of a child, you should know that obtaining guardianship could be a long and difficult process. It can be made easier when you have a family lawyer on your side to guide you and advise you on the best path to achieving your goal.
Working with an Inland Empire guardianship lawyer can make the process of applying for guardianship a lot less stressful. Contact the Law Office of Laurence J. Brock today to discuss your guardianship case. Enter your information into the form below or call 909-466-7661 to get in touch.