April 08, 2020

Inland Empire Family Lawyer

An Inland Empire family lawyer from the Law Office of Laurence J. Brock can assist you in filing for a separation or a divorce. However, this is just one of the ways in which a family attorney can protect and advocate for your rights.

If you are having a legal difficulty in any area of your personal or family life, you could benefit from our assistance. To find out if we can help in your particular situation, schedule a free consultation to have your questions answered.

Establish Your Parental Rights

Even if you are biologically the parent of a child, if you and the mother were not married at the time the child was either conceived or born, the state will not automatically recognize you as the father.

To establish your parental rights, you will need to retain the services of an Inland Empire family lawyer from our office and go to court. Once parentage has been established, you can sue for visitation and other parental rights, such as the ability to participate in important decisions like where to send your child to school.

Get Legal Help While Separating

If you are currently married and are debating whether to get divorced, it is wise to retain legal assistance during your separation.

By legally separating, you and your spouse will be able to operate independently of one another in financial and legal matters. This affords you a level of security and freedom that you would not have if you simply moved out of the house.

If you decide to reconcile later, the separation agreement will become void. Otherwise, your legal separation can be converted into a divorce if reconciliation is not possible.

Contest Existing Custody Arrangements

If you are already divorced and the court has ruled on custody, it may seem as though that ruling is permanently set. This is not necessarily the case. There are certain circumstances that allow you to go back to court and contest the current custody arrangement:

  • A move or relocation
  • Your child physically or educationally not doing well
  • Your ex remarrying or living with a new significant other
  • Changes in financial circumstances
  • Domestic violence or abuse
  • Failure by one parent to follow a court-ordered parenting plan
  • And more

To find out if your particular situation warrants going back to court, speak with an Inland Empire family lawyer from our office.

Sue for Child Support

When one parent fails to pay child support, it could be necessary to go back to court to compel payment. Your Inland Empire family lawyer will  gather the evidence required to demonstrate your ex’s capacity to pay but unwillingness to do so. This could lead a judge to order a wage garnishment.

In some cases, the court may even order the negligent parent to be sent to jail as punishment for withholding child support.

Get Answers from an Inland Empire Family Lawyer

Family law cases not only impact daily living, but they can also be highly emotional. To ensure that you are approaching each situation with the clarity required, call our office and schedule a consultation to discuss your case with an Inland Empire family lawyer.

To arrange a meeting with a family attorney from the Law Office of Laurence J. Brock, either complete the form below or call 909-466-7661.

Start live chat with our team?