June 03, 2020

Fontana Child Visitation Lawyer

If you are unable to see your children as frequently as you want or are being denied access altogether, speak with a Fontana child visitation lawyer from the Law Office of Laurence J. Brock.

As a parent, you have rights, and that includes the right to spend time with your children. Unless a judge has specifically barred you from accessing your children, your rights should not be infringed upon—even by the other parent.

Reasons to Speak with a Fontana Visitation Rights Lawyer

We can help you gain access to your children by petitioning the court for a set parenting plan. If you were unmarried when the child was conceived, you may need to first establish paternity with the state first—something a Fontana child visitation lawyer from our firm can help you with.

Once this is done, a case can be made for why you should have visitation rights and how often you should see your child. Generally speaking, a judge will grant visitation under most circumstances because it has been proven that children do best when they have time with both parents.

If you already have a parenting plan in place and are being denied access, or your time is being shorted by the other parent, we can ask the court to enforce the existing plan. Too often, one parent will arbitrarily make changes to the schedule, incorrectly thinking he or she has the right to do so. A parenting plan is a legal and binding agreement, so you do not have to put up with your ex’s failure to abide by it.

Your Fontana visitation rights lawyer can also help if your visitation rights have been restricted by the court. In some cases, a judge may require supervised visitation, for example. There are strategies that can be employed to get this changed.

Do Not Lose Hope

If you want more time with your children, do not assume this goal is out of reach. A Fontana child visitation lawyer can fight for your rights to see your children more frequently. Even if your divorce is final and the parenting plan did not turn out as you wanted, there is hope for the future.

Parenting plans are supposed to be long-term, but that does not mean they cannot be changed. To suggest changes, however, you will be best served by working with a Fontana visitation rights lawyer who can build a strong case for why your suggestion is in the best interests of your child.

Help from a Fontana Child Visitation Lawyer

Making changes to custody or visitation, establishing parentage, or enforcing a parenting plan can all be complex processes. Working with an experienced family attorney will increase your chances for a successful outcome.

For help, call the Law Office of Laurence J. Brock at 909-466-7661 or get in touch by filling out the contact form at the bottom of this page. You deserve to spend time with your children, and we can help you get the parenting plan that makes it possible.

Start live chat with our team?